The DateField is a simple textfield whose content is interpreted as a date.There are two modes for date parsing: the European mode and the US mode.A global setting specifies which mode is actually used. The simple way to add datefield widget is
The whole list of configuration parameters is available in DateFieldCfg bean.
The "value" property in the dateField is bind-able and can be bound to a property in the data model.
In the European mode,the following date formats are recognized (all are interpreted as the 13th of June; when the year is not specified, the current year is used if the date is in the future, otherwise the next year):
- 13 06 2002
- 13 06 02
In the US mode, the following date formats are recognized (all are interpreted as the 13th of June; when the year is not specified, the current year is used if the date is in the future, otherwise the next year):
- 06 13 2002
- 06 13 02
In both modes the following date formats are recognized:
- 13 JUN
- JUN (if June is the current month, then it's today, otherwise the 1st of June of the current year)
- 13 (13th day of today's month)
- +10 (today's date + 10 days)
- -3 (today's date -3 days)
- 15DEC/+10 (equivalent to: 25DEC)
- 15DEC/-3 (equivalent to: 12DEC)
- 15DEC10/+10 (equivalent to: 25DEC10)
- 15DEC10/-3 (equivalent to: 12DEC10)
- 15DEC2010/+10 (equivalent to: 25DEC2010)
- 15DEC2010/-3 (equivalent to: 12DEC2010)
- When the user leaves the field (on blur), the content is reformatted according to the pattern configured in the DateField properties.